Two Militants Killed in Ongoing Kishtwar Operation: Army

Kishtwar, Feb 22: The Army on Sunday said two militants were killed in an ongoing joint operation in the Kishtwar region, where security forces have been conducting a search mission based on specific intelligence inputs.

The Army said the operation, codenamed Operation Trashi-I, was launched following credible inputs gathered from Jammu and Kashmir Police, Intelligence Bureau and its own sources regarding the presence of militants in the area.

According to the Army, troops of CIF Delta under White Knight Corps, in coordination with Jammu and Kashmir Police and CRPF, re-engaged the militants at around 11:00 am in challenging terrain after contact had been established earlier.

The Army said two militants were killed during the exchange of fire. It added that two AK-47 rifles and other ammunition described as war-like stores were recovered from the site of the encounter.

Officials said the operation remains underway and searches are continuing in the area to ensure the entire belt is sanitized.

Further details are awaited. [KNT]

  • Related Posts

    Three Militants Killed in Kishtwar Gunfight, Arms Recovered

    Jammu, Feb 22 : Security forces on Sunday killed a third militant in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar district, taking the total number of militants neutralised in the ongoing “Operation Trashi-I”…

    Trump Raises Global Tariffs to 15% After Supreme Court Setback

    Brisbane, Feb 22: Donald Trump has announced that the United States will raise baseline tariffs on imports from all countries to 15 percent, following a major ruling by the Supreme…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Follow by Email
    YouTube
    YouTube
    Instagram